Wednesday, June 5, 2013

R.I.P. Graffiti and Hip Hop

     I was not around when hip hop first started but I did get to exprence parts of it. Hip hop was a big part of my life because of my family who are very much intuned with this movement. Many people have linked graffiti to hip hop. Hip hop was not only a style of music it was much more than that. It included rhyming, djing, breaking and graffiti. Some people believe that hip hop started graffiti however, we know that graffiti started in the 60's before hip hop. Over these past few days we have seen countless movies about the history of graffiti. Some of the graffiti artist have said that they believe that graffiti is DEAD. This is really interesting to me because there are many people that say Hip Hop is dead too. I believe that both are dead unfortionatly. There are a lot of new artist but I feel that they are more POP than anything. I am no expertbut I do believe that hip hop and graffiti are both dead weither related or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment